All good things must come to an end, even for the most popular reality TV show. Recently, Kim Kardashian posted an Instagram stories on her social media announcing her family popular reality TV show will finally come to an end early next year. While there are many who are sad by the news, there are also a few who felt that it was finally time. As for me, in simple terms, I guess it is simply bittersweet to see the show airing their final season but at the same time knowing that their time has finally come. I am personally, not as obsessed as the family like many others but I will not lie that the family taught me a lot and today, I wish to enlighten those listening on what I was able to picked up from watching the show and what each member of the family has taught me.
From what I read and watched online, I can tell there are many who are disappointed and sad with the announcement but after more than 10 years of serving us dramas and feuds and all sorts of reality entertainment, I think it is best that they just stop doing this reality TV thing. Not that I’m not a fan of them but I’m not saying that I am fan either. I will admit, even though I ‘m not a fan, I actually do watch the show albeit not religiously. I’m not a fan of drama first of all but I truly admired the family on their dedication and hard work that they put into their respective individual careers and visions. No one can deny that the Kardashian/Jenner family, even though have their questionable issues, are hard at work. This is why I said that the ending of the show leaves me a little bittersweet for one thing that I enjoyed watching is just learning how the family members put their own effort to their work especially Kim and Kylie. I won’t deny that the family are lucky when they wanted to start their personal businesses but there is saying that goes, it’s not how you start the race, it is how you finish them and this family are the great example of that.
Now, what exactly did I learned from watching the popular reality TV family? Loads! And here it goes.
Before I begin though and I know I should have disclaimed this earlier, I would to inform that I am with no intention to disrespect anyone of the Kardashian and Jenner family or anyone in relation to them and as a matter of fact, I am here merely to let everyone know what I personally learned from the family and hope that those who look at them negatively would change your mind and see that the family are more than just a family who are prone to dramas. Okay, now I can definitely get to the list:-
So, the first thing that I learned from this family is that each of them is visionaries. While there are those who don’t show it but you can definitely see how each of them are always thinking beyond what they have achieved on that day especially Kim and Kylie. I believe this is the product of their upbringing because their momager, Kris is constantly pushing them to grow with their business and are always supportive of their ideas and visions. Who would have taught that while watching the two youngest Jenners, the attention was a lot on Kendall who at such a young age always wanted to be a model and everyone was wondering where the younger Jenner, Kylie, would become when she is older?
In older seasons, we could see Kylie had showed her love for make-up which at first was not well accepted by their father but today, she is known as a makeup mogul and even though there are so many questions about her status as a billionaire or not, we can all know that the girl has already made her name as a makeup martyr – or maybe that’s a bit over-the-top but we know her name will resound for years to come because she is still in her early twenties. She has so much more to grow and develop.
And with Kim, I have to say this, I don’t like how she got her name to become famous because while in the beginning she is famously known as Paris Hilton’s friend and PA, she became even more famous when her famous tape was released. Well, Kim had put that dark past literally far behind her (even though many are still harping on it) – and look at her now. She is a fashion icon, an entrepreneur with her own makeup line and body shaping line and she is also a law student on top being a mom and a wife. I won’t be talking about their personal issues because again, I’m not a fan of dramas and also because I just don’t think it’s anyone’s business to know about anyone’s personal lives really. Back to Kim, I honestly admire her work ethics because to be that hardworking and determined and constantly passionate, it’s not easy, even if you could to hire nannies and bodyguards and whoever she hired to keep her life together, it is not easy. It is even harder when the whole world is scrutinizing your every move and decisions.
But the fact that every one of the family members are able to look and draw their future personally and together as a family, really speaks volume and admiration to me. I even picked up on how to draw out my own vision from watching them and one of their method is putting up vision boards.
Next, I learned that this family is unbreakable. The world may say words that could hurt them, emotionally and mentally, but they are always there for each other and are always supportive of one another. Again, from previous season we could see the sibling rivalry especially between Kourtney, Khloe and Kim and also between Kendall and Kylie, but even though they are honest about their opinions, they are always supportive of each success. Even recently when Kourtney’s passion for her healthy and lifestyle website was questionable for Kim and Khloe, but in the end, they are still supportive of her and that bond and that compassion that they have for one another are simply admirable. Sometimes, I just wish the world or the people who criticised them so much would just give it a rest for they themselves are hard on each other and they don’t need so much hate from the world outside.
Okay, I know many won’t agree with me on this but this is what I also picked up from watching the family on TV – the family actually do use their famous last names for good cause. From the show itself, Kendall shows how much she enjoys giving back to the children in need and Kourtney has many times showed her interests too. But we all know how the sisters sold their clothes on eBay for charity and can we really disregard their effort to provide more for those in need? I mean, how many people out there who are obsessed with them and how many of them would actually go the distance to get their hands and body on the sisters’ old clothes? The Bling Ring would definitely like to have a go at it (just kidding). Truly though, this wasn’t just their only effort on charity. On screen alone, we could see the family going out of their comfort to help those in need and let’s not take the shine from Kim. Since she started law school, she has been active in prison reform, and I won’t get into details of what she did because I don’t want to say anything wrong or mispronounced any legal terms, which could result in me sounding weird and silly, but anyone who watches the show will know what she had done. On top of that, she has been very vocal on many movements and the one that had me is her support for gun violence. I may not be American and I may not understand the legal terms of guns and firearms in America, but even as an outsider, I feel for those who are affected from the many gun violence tragedies especially those that took place in schools. So, to see someone of such influence making her stand and talking about the issue, truly shows me that she is using her successful last name for a better cause.
Finally, the most important lesson I learned from this family is – PR. For those of you who don’t know, PR stands for Public Relation and for any brand or company that is big and successful, they need a solid PR Team to lead the success and the sustainability of the name and their brand. And the Kardashian/Jenner family knows or hired like one of the best PR team…ever…for me. I learned the power PR truly, first from the Kim body-shape wear brand name scandal. If you have been living under a rock but you do know that Kim, body shape wear brand is called Skims, well before that name was finally declared, the brand was first called Kimono and it just got the whole world flipping…well almost the whole world. Many pointed out that the name Kimono was culturally appropriating the Japanese culture where one of their traditional female attire is called Kimono and it represents women’s grace and beauty, the short form of it and it just clashes with idea of body shape wear. Anyways, Kim’s reaction to the whole scandal was just…profesh. I mean, to change the name of the brand after announcing the date of the launched and also after making thousands of goods produced, it was such a risk to change the name but in the honour of keeping her brand in a positive light, she just went and put her foot down and everyone was happy in the end. And then, well, who could forget Kylie’s executive PR decision when, well after the whole scandal that involved herself, Khloe and her…former best friend? Jordyn? – her sales team announced the sale of her product which was also the product where she collaborated with Jordyn right after the whole scandal broke out which made everyone thought that Kylie was being petty but from the show, she made it clear that wasn’t her intentions and by proof, the sale was taken down from the website after a few days it was up. So, Kylie’s decision to pull back the sale, even though the damage was done, it was still a smart executive decision and that just shows how professional she is…and the rest are too. Even when Kendall’s Pepsi ad scandal broke out, it was just amazing how her PR managed the situation and even though their methods were questionable, it was still enough to keep her name on the good books of many. So, when it comes to their PR strategies, truly I learned a lot and I wished many people especially Malaysian entrepreneurs would pick up from them and their PR strategies. I understand that different brands and different industries work with different types of PR but nonetheless, if we look at the bigger picture of how they strategize, there are so much we could take away from the show and from the family.
There you have it, all or probably some of the things that I could take from watching the family reality TV show. Again, will I miss it once the show ends, no because I really think it is time for the family to just sit back and allow the world to just wonder what is taking place in their respective household. Come to think of it, I don't think the world would miss anything because the family are pretty open about their lives with their social medias. medias.

Comments
Post a Comment