![]() |
| Picture credit to The Blush Home |
Saturday is coming and while we are still stuck in the mood of being stuck (considering it's Covid-19 pandemic), usually I spend my time just chilling in my room that is hot and will make myself feel sticky with all the sweats because it's humid here in Malaysia and I love watching movies that I could find online like of course the popular online network, Netflix. Or, we can also do the old fashion (can't believe I'm saying this old fashion) play what DVD I have in my collection shelf.
While everyone is busy with Halloween, since that is not part of my tradition, I simply decide that this Saturday night movies should not be anything spooky or horror related or even Halloween related. Here is my go-to choices: -
1. Mean Girls
My forever favourite movie starring one of my forever favourite actress - Lindsay Lohan. Say what you want about Miss Lohan, but I simply just admired everything else about her that is not related to her drug and alcohol scandal. Also her stealing/robbery scandal. Anyways, back to the movie, I just love the sarcasm and the drama and for it to be complemented by the four talented leading actresses other than Lindsay, it's just that awesome chick flick that no one can get enough of. I call it chic flick because it is mostly about girls and even though it start with some high school girl drama, the story ended with a good ending. Although it is not just about the storyline that will captivate audience, it is also the catchy dialogues and interesting characters.
2. New York Minute
I remember at one point in my life, while I was admiring Lindsay Lohan so much, I was also obsessed with the Olsen twins and coincidentally, the twins released their first ever blockbuster movie and even though it wasn't as good as what I anticipated waiting for the movie to premiere, it was still an interesting flick to watch. Mostly because we get to see the girls donned a different movie genre where they did more than just talking and being funny. The girls actually had to do some little and light actions and best of all, Simple Plan made a cameo in the movie.
3. White Chicks
How can you go wrong watching Shawn and Marlon Wayans completely dressed as two blonde white girls? The comedy and the storyline is simply amazing and I don't think I ever got bored watching this movie. Albeit the big irrationality of the circumstances that took place in the movie, this is still a good laugh although I don't recommend watching this movie with children but it is entirely up to everyone. Personally, I literally enjoy the "dance-off" scene because it's like very common for girls to fight each other in a dance battle and the classic "yo Mama" jokes. You'll never get bored when it comes to "yo Mama" jokes.




Comments
Post a Comment