Inspiré Par Emily - How Emily in Paris Inspires Me


Last year, other than the thoughts of Covid-19, many who are forced to sit at home found the pleasure to watch Netflix's original series, the series that really took the world by storm both positively and negatively - Emily in Paris. Considering the many times, this writer has try to change her world and her life, there just seems to be that dead end that makes her just give up in trying to change...ever. Until, Emily came into her life and here she is about to blog about the wonderful things that Emily inspires her. 

All my life and I don't know how many times I have attempted to try to compose posts that speaks of me wanting to change my life. I start off with a bang and end with a meh...the reason being, there could possibly be many reasons really. One of the few, I am just an unhappy person stuck in an unhappy and unfulfilling life. On top of that, I am unable to talk or even grow because I'm just stuck...the best word to describe me right now - STUCK. I still don't know if that is the truth as to why I am constantly giving up in myself to try and just live my best life and do more than just sitting back and whine silently about how stupid my world has been but one thing is true is that I think something has sparked a new kind of feeling within me. 


2020 was a difficult for almost everyone. It was a year that some people are losing their jobs, some are facing some financial troubles and some have to adapt to a new environment and that is to work from home and that is not an easy adjustment. Probably, one of the best things that had happened many people are discovering online video streaming that is other than Youtube i.e. Netflix and just like almost everyone, I was able to take the time to not only enjoy Netflix, I actually came and found myself getting inspired by one of Netflix's original series - Emily in Paris. 

I understand how there are those who receives the series positively and there those who didn't quite like it. For me, although I must say there are plenty of details that left me questioning not only the person Emily is but also the truth of living in Paris, I find myself quite fascinated by the spirit that Emily carries and how she just enjoys her time in Paris. Which brings me to my post today and that is summing up how Emily in Paris, the TV series, has inspired me to, live my life right here in my beautiful home of Malaysia. 

Throughout the series, audiences are mesmerized by the wicked and wonderful sceneries and sights of the city of lights, and I can't help myself to feel how Malaysia, just like Paris, is full of wonders, culture and beauty. We have beaches albeit they are not as clean as we hope they would be, cities full of towering buildings with lights, natural grown hills and forests that houses plenty of animals and plants, variety of mouthwatering food both traditional and modern, fashion and culture inspired by the many races and religions and then there are the popular tourists' attractions and hidden gems and even though I have travelled to almost every state of this country, I am also aware that I have yet to explore my home to its inch and corner. And since there seem to be no changes in the recovery of Covid-19 throughout the entire world, there is pretty much no excuse for me to travel overseas - for the time being. Which means, going around Malaysia, is the next best thing although some part of me don't really like the idea that I come to this only after Covid-19 started but more to that on another post, I guess. 



But what can I exactly share with the world about my beloved home country? In the series, we see Emily celebrating the many aspects of Paris - the scenery, the food, the people (minus the sex, of course) and also the small little things like little markets, hidden cafes and many others. All of which we, or in this case, me, can find within the borders of Malaysia considering there are literally 13 states and 3 federal territories. That is definitely a lot bigger than the city of Paris, right? 

Food

From traditional to modern fusion delicacies that is the heart of almost every Malaysian and let's not forget the amount of imported sweets and savouries that are introduced to the people through pictures, videos and even the very famous social medias. Honestly, Malaysia is never short of a spot for amazingly good food that is satisfying to the tummy and also to be shared with the public. 


Tourist Attraction

When has Malaysia ever be short of locations for tourists? In almost every state in Malaysia has more than one tourist attraction from the modern skyscraper within the heart of the city center to the hidden forests, caves and all its natural beauty if the far east of Malaysia. I may not be able to travel pass any state borders but I am quite confident that once the MCO restriction is lifted and the number of Covid-19 new cases decrease, I have plenty of places to visit and share with the small amount of followers that I have.

Hidden Gems

Emily introduces her audiences to appreciates even the smallest of attraction like that episode when she snap a photo of herself with pink roses and coincidentally made a new friend. On top of that, during a drunk adventure with her other friend, she helped to discover a new location for a photoshoot. Again, I know a few wonderful places that are hidden from the knowledge of many visitors as well as some locals. These are the things, big and small that I want to celebrate with the world. 


Beautiful People

The one great thing about the series is that it shows that when one is taken away from their comfort zone, they are forced to make new friends because what is life without that group of people outside of your family that you can have a good time with or just sharing that deep and thoughtful conversation with. I don't have many friends that is if I count just my circle, but I do have enough that I treasure and truly love their company. Furthermore, my home country is the home for so many races that many have already been accustomed to respect and accept the differences of faith and culture and really just spend our time living together harmoniously. 

With all that I have listed, how can I share the beauty of another country instead of my birth place? Also, I do believe that with this new inspiration, I might be able to just get my mindset out of this miserable that it has been stuck in. I understand that I myself have to put the effort in to change my life but it's not that easy to try and get out of this space when the environment is just as depressing. But a new dream and of course a new goal, might just be that push for me to just start moving out and moving on. Until next time, hopefully, I can start blogging about my country just like Emily did while she was in Paris. Au revoir~

Comments